The award for this scholarship will be $1,000 (CDN) awarded to the best submission based on the topic below.
Lakin Afolabi Law Scholarship 2019
June 30, 2019
The Scholarship Topic
To participate in this scholarship, we asked students to answer this one question:
Should the presumption of innocence continue to apply in the #metoo era? Why or why not?
Please answer the topic with a minimum of 500 words and submitted as a Google Doc or MS Word Format.
You may also refer to our sexual assault service page for some more information.
What to Submit
- Applicants must submit an essay format document in either Google Docs or Microsoft Word
- Proof of enrolment must be attached when submitting
- Students must provide their Name, Address and Phone Number
Who Can Apply
- Anyone who is accepted to a University or currently pursuing any degree or certificate program at a University or College with an intention to pursue a legal education within the next 5 years
- Please submit all applications to Lakin@lakinafolabilaw.com
- Application deadline is June 30, 2019
- Subject line must be: “Lakin Afolabi Law Scholarship 2019”